Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q-Control Install & Hookup Instructions
Hello:  

This is a thread to help get through install and setup:  Brand new files and documentation so I'm sure it'll be busy at first:

Get latest install/documents :   Q-Control Install and Documentation v0.9

Hardware requirements for this file is :  

esp8266 type device (with 4 MB flash size)
arduino type nano 3.3v 8Mhz 
support Analog and/or MAX6675 type temperature controllers.

hookup:
[Image: allinone_sch.png]

here's a sample hookup diagram:  ...I'm new to kicad so it will not be a 'standard' doc Smile

Note:  important if you are using a fan that you put in a diode(which diode is dependant on fan)!!

also,  haven't decided on exact MOSFET for fan control.  Difficult because many don't like to be driven by 3.3v .   I'm in process of testing this one:  FQP30N06L  

Ask away,  any questions are good questions because others may run into them as well!!
after flashing the 8266, i reboot, and connect to the ap, but it is asking me for login and pw, this isnt in the documentation? it is same if i use setup.com or 192.......

(07-09-2017, 01:23 AM)mlogsdon Wrote: after flashing the 8266, i reboot, and connect to the ap, but it is asking me for login and pw, this isnt in the documentation? it is same if i use setup.com or 192.......

Reflashed using default settings of flash exe, will see if that works, when reflashing
Soldered a new esp..and when logging in on network, have the same issue with password and log in. I used the default login Admin, and didnt insert password, After rebooting and hooking up AVR my network see's it, gave it a static ip, but when going to log in, the password thing comes up again? As a side not, if using infinity, change seeting in gateway for zero config, under advance to be able to access device
That's a weird one... haven't seen that before.

Couple of things to check/try. Use the IP of the esp (you'll get that from router) for troubleshooting.... should be something like 192.168.1.xx (xx > 1)

Try setting a password on the esp8266 to something and check the box that says 'allow anonymous' .... then see if that gets you into the esp.

when the prompt comes up for password in your browser....it should say which IP is requesting the password (is that the same as the esp?)

are you using desktop browser? some routers don't allow traffic between wireless clients and desktop clients for security. are you sure you are on the same WIFI SSID (not a guest SSID). see if you can PING the esp from your desktop.

try connecting to device via another wifi device (phone, tablet...etc).
(07-09-2017, 03:00 PM)NailBuster Wrote: That's a weird one...  haven't seen that before.

Couple of things to check/try.    Use the IP of the esp (you'll get that from router) for troubleshooting....  should be something like 192.168.1.xx  (xx > 1)

Try setting a password on the esp8266 to something and check the box that says 'allow anonymous' ....  then see if that gets you into the esp.

when the prompt comes up for password in your browser....it should say which IP is requesting the password (is that the same as the esp?)

are you using desktop browser?  some routers don't allow traffic between wireless clients and desktop clients for security.  are you sure you are on the same WIFI SSID (not a guest SSID).    see if you can PING the esp from your desktop.

try connecting to device via another wifi device (phone, tablet...etc).
It was the same, got in on one, and got it setup, just wiring up some probes the et73, to see if i can get it reading, then will do the servo / fan later this week. Software is pretty cool, you did awesome job, then will start on the ramps, have some reading to do on that