Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New build thread for an Electric Smoker Controller
(03-31-2017, 03:31 PM)NailBuster Wrote: dont' forget on the desktop you can right-click on the graph and share image Smile

I like seeing graphs Smile

Didn't see this post in time so, no graph for you! Next time I fire it up I'll get you some data.

The default PID settings seemed to work fairly well. The one issue I had was when setting the command to 275 it got to 270 and then just sort of got stuck. Instead of playing with the PID values I just doubled the frequency setting from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. That got me to 275 and kept it within a degree over the entire hour I had it running. That said, it is far more accurate and seems more reliable than the factory equipment my smoker was originally equipped with.

It cooked this pizza just fine.
[Image: 20170331_121512_zps7rf9l4vt.jpg]
yummy pizza!!!

found these K connectors.... they look good,  and a little cheaper ones here...  funny how the connectors are going to cost more that the atmega, the max TC board.... geez....
(04-01-2017, 10:57 PM)NailBuster Wrote: yummy pizza!!!

found these K connectors.... they look good,  and a little cheaper ones here...  funny how the connectors are going to cost more that the atmega, the max TC board.... geez....

Should have know Auber would have them. They have a lot of great products.

While unplugging everything after my pizza was done I dropped the box and broke off the mini usb jack. Good thing I ordered 3 extra. I'm temped to add a 5v ac/dc converter to the box and just mount it to the back of the smoker using the elements 120vac source to power the box.

I was thinking a portable box was the way to go but now I think something permanently mounted to the smoker might be the way to go. I was even considering ditching my project box and mounting all the components inside the smokers factory control box.