Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini Q-Control Circuit Board
In response through discussions with David, and my great enthusiasm for this project, I am currently working on a board layout for the Q-Control Mini that I can send off to fabrication to a service such as OSH Park. If I can get this done, it will be available to anyone to use.

Currently, I'm still working on component layout to miniaturize as much as possible, and the goal is to have it small enough to fit into a fan/damper unit and will include fan/damper control with 4 probe (TC's or TR's) capability. 

Here's what I have so far ... 

[Image: L9PpvuS.jpg]

Still a bit limited with only 2 probes, but was able to save a bit of space by stacking the WeMos and Arduino Pro Mini. Still to add, also, is the fan driving section. As is, the board is about 2.6" x 1.7" which should give enough room to add a few more components (2 more TC amp boards and fan controller).

Also to add is a seperate USB connector to power the unit instead of powering through the limited current capability of the WeMos 5V regulator. 

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions, and I'll get off my lazy duff and try to get something done.
Very cool! I imagine you'd put the additional components on the other side somehow. Don't quote me, I'm still learning Wink. And you know me, I'd love to see 4 TCs
(03-25-2017, 02:28 AM)JohnW Wrote: Very cool!  I imagine you'd put the additional components on the other side somehow.  Don't quote me, I'm still learning Wink. And you know me, I'd love to see 4 TCs

It's a double sided board, so may have to dodge the traces, but looking at the circuit, I may be able to stack the TC boards as well. Most of the pins are common with the exception of one. The beauty of digital inputs.

OH, and sorry about the remarks on the other forum. That guy just ruffles me feathers sometimes.
No worries, WBegg, it happens.

Stacked design would be cool and space saving too.

was browsing the interwebs, just some ideas to consider...

vertical

expensive LOL

interesting

cool
I like the design.... thoughts:

how about just add the mosfet and diode(fan control) to the current board design.  That would work simple for 2-probe setup...

but we have a expansion pin-header along the top (as many pins as we can fit).  So that we can make headers/sheilds and expand it going forward.  

we could have shields to add more TCs....add OLED screens,  stackthem....all sorts of fun stuff with the same base design (like the raspberry pi zero concept).

the 'expansion pins' should have 5v 'raw', 3.3v regulated, GND,GND, some pins from atmega (adc, spi for more TCs, digital pins) some pins from the esp8266 (for external LED screens and such....battery tester....etc.

also,  for the usb 5v connector.  should we design it with this in mind so we have an option to support integrated battery?  maybe its too big?