Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramps new build
Photo 
Just got my parts in to start a ramps build..Have a ioiootg that I have been using for a controller, but it is Bluetooth only, looking to do something that will give me wireless.
Got my sensors hooked up, but reads 822 no mater what i do?
Did you successfully do the RAMPS install (new post) from this thread?
(07-09-2017, 05:46 PM)NailBuster Wrote: Did you successfully do the RAMPS install (new post) from this thread?

Not yet, the 822 is on the qcontrol, tried different probes and same reading, just off by alttle bit, im guessing is the stienhart factors
I'm not understanding exactly how you have it hooked up.... where are you seeing the 822? on the webpage?

You have the mega2560 connected to the ramps board with the esp? How did you flash the mega2560...with arduino ide/source?

I'm guessing the analog ports are not configured for mega2560... you will need the 3 json files from the zip file (ramps install thread) to get it all working..

let me know...
(07-09-2017, 07:01 PM)NailBuster Wrote: I'm not understanding exactly how you have it hooked up.... where are you seeing the 822?  on the webpage?

You have the mega2560 connected to the ramps board with the esp?  How did you flash the mega2560...with arduino ide/source?

I'm guessing the analog ports are not configured for mega2560...  you will need the 3 json files from the zip file (ramps install thread) to get it all working..

let me know...

No, it is on the q control...i am wired with 10 resistors. I havent started ramps yet, trying toget the qcontrol working first. Im thinking my probes are not compatable with the programming, they are the Maverick PR-003
aaahhh.... now I get it...  You are using qcontrol on a promini NOT the ramps/mega....

10 resistors?  Are you just using thermistors?  no thermocouples?

Here's sample wiring for thermistors: ( I would use 10K or 20K resistors though)...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-09-2017, 07:16 PM)NailBuster Wrote: aaahhh.... now I get it...  You are using qcontrol on a promini NOT the ramps/mega....

10 resistors?  Are you just using thermistors?  no thermocouples?

Here's sample wiring for thermistors:  ( I would use 10K or 20K resistors though)...

I am doing the qcontrol build and followed the hook up diagram, got all the software working on the things speak, and . I wired the mini like i did my photon, as it is a 3,3 volt system also. When i did it, i wired like this, but only with provmini

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

cool... that should work then. Maybe its the CoEfficients: I just found these for et73.... and I think those probes are a replacement for that...

if you add heat or cool does the reported temp change from 822?

//Constants for the ET-73 and Wiring Schematic
const long double STEINHART_HART_COEF_A = 2.3067434E-4;
const long double STEINHART_HART_COEF_B = 2.3696596E-4;
const long double STEINHART_HART_COEF_C = 1.2636414E-7;
(07-09-2017, 07:40 PM)NailBuster Wrote: cool...  that should work then.  Maybe its the CoEfficients:  I just found these for et73.... and I think those probes are a replacement for that...

if you add heat or cool does the reported temp change from 822?

//Constants for the ET-73 and Wiring Schematic            
     const  long double STEINHART_HART_COEF_A = 2.3067434E-4;
     const  long double STEINHART_HART_COEF_B = 2.3696596E-4;
     const  long double STEINHART_HART_COEF_C = 1.2636414
Yes, they changed.