Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-In-One Mini Q-Control Unit
(03-28-2017, 01:50 PM)NailBuster Wrote: I would stick with the wemos d1 for the nodemcu.  That or the nodemcu....

David, have you made any progress with ESP32, or any suggestions as I just bought one in UNO format so an IO shield fits on top
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1PC-ESP32-Deve...SwWdZZaZ-r
will just control PWM fan, (I hope ESP32 PWM will work soon) and adding OLED for local display
(10-08-2017, 09:47 AM)BourneToRide Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 01:50 PM)NailBuster Wrote: I would stick with the wemos d1 for the nodemcu.  That or the nodemcu....

David, have you made any progress with ESP32, or any suggestions as I just bought one in UNO format so an IO shield fits on top
will just control PWM fan, (I hope ESP32 PWM will work soon) and adding OLED for local display

That UNO format looks nice!!

I really was hoping by now that the arduino/esp32 library would be more complete. They just very recently started supporting SPIFFs (file/data storage).... I've kept my esp32 in the drawer waiting for it to mature.

Now that the spiffs is being supported then I can at least start looking at the device again as a webserver....I'll keep site posted if I get anywhere with it.

Let me know if you get anywhere with it. Would be nice to just support the esp32 only (no mcu/nano), but I worry about the stability in that setup. We'll have to see.
(10-08-2017, 04:15 PM)NailBuster Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 09:47 AM)BourneToRide Wrote:

That UNO format looks nice!!

I really was hoping by now that the arduino/esp32 library would be more complete.  They just very recently started supporting SPIFFs (file/data storage)....  I've kept my esp32 in the drawer waiting for it to mature.  

Now that the spiffs is being supported then I can at least start looking at the device again as a webserver....I'll keep site posted if I get anywhere with it.

Let me know if you get anywhere with it.  Would be nice to just support the esp32 only (no mcu/nano), but I worry about the stability in that setup.  We'll have to see.
Do you have any code from when you did this project in only 8266 that i could try in ESP32
I am currently trying out PlatfomIO as Arduino IDE is having trouble with this ESP32 because it is not really Wemos, not designed or produced by them, its a chinese copy of a chinese product, ironic hey  Cool
Hey...

I don't have anything that would work as-is. The the code for the atmega will run on the esp8266..... so just adding all the objects and calling the methods in the esp project will work except one object.(qlink)

qlink is the only link between the two (serial port)....that would simply have to change to another object that is simply passing values between them in the same program.

I haven't been impressed at all with the esp32 rollout. the esp8266 had such a great following (and still does). They should have just took baby steps to improve the esp8266 in stages instead of trying to re-invent themselves with the esp32.

I guess we'll have to see.... I was hoping by now that it would have been the 'go-to' device. But the just setup flash, and its not as stable as the flash for esp8266 (by ftp library I wrote shows that easily).

anyhow....how's everything else going?

I may try out platformIO, but my visual studio/arduino is really easy to work with that I don't know if i'll change...

cheers..
Photo 
Board is almost done, check the spelling of Radio Shack  Wink 
Mini is 5V version, makes PWM a bit easier but a voltage divider is need for Mini->ESP comms,
 the yellow header will swap sides as its for a single 5V USB supply for both boards.
No Servo just a PC fan with PWM to run for now
All the copper wires are coated so no chance of shorting together

Next I need to get Blynk working

PlatformIO can be Atom or VS code based, I opted for VS. 
It is still missing PWM but has LEDC instead, hoping to use this on ESP32 version.